These cupcakes are so moist and fluffy you can almost drink them. This has been illustrated by us with plastic straws in our photography, but I don’t recommend using them for your own recipe. A) This is a delicious cupcake recipe, meant to be eaten (scarfed down) via hand-to-mouth contact and B) Straws aren’t edible and, therefore, should never be used as a garnish. Unless you’re producing fancy photography. Oh, and then there was that report about plastic straws killing untold amounts of animal life. ANYWAY! We hope you enjoy these cupcakes.
Yields: 5 servings | Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Calories: 120 | Protein: 13g | Fat: 4g | Net Carb: 6g
Total Carb: 18g | Fiber: 3g
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 6-8 mins | Total Time: 30mins (including cooling/decorating time)
MOCHA CUPCAKE MIX
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta
- 1/2 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp granulated zero calories sweetener
- Coffee Beans for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a cupcake pan with 5 liners and set aside.
- Place the unwrapped bar onto a microwave safe dish and microwave for 15 seconds. Remove and let cool for one minute.
- Break the bar into small pieces and place them into a food processor or nutribullet as well as the egg, milk, vanilla, cold brew and applesauce. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients (oat flour, protein, sweetener, baking powder and salt) and blend until combined.
- Divide the batter between the 5 cupcake liners and bake for 17-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Place all frosting ingredients into a bowl and using a hand held electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a piping bag and decorate cupcakes. Top each cupcake with a coffee bean.