If you’re one of the folks who avoids pasta/noodles/bread like the plague, get ready to indulge in some gooey, cheesy goodness. I have been fortunate enough to try this recipe firsthand and can safely report that it handily scratches that mac & cheese itch. The addition of Quest Nacho Cheese Tortilla-style protein chips gives the recipe a nice protein boost and pairs perfectly with a bowl of melted cheese. Don’t take my word for it, make this incredible recipe yourself!
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT MADELEINES
Yields: 12 cookies | Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 130 | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Net Carb: 8g
Total Carb: 14g | Fiber: 3g
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 | Total Time: 40 mins
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMIND MADELEINES
- 1 Quest Cookies & Cream Protein Bar
- 1 scoop Quest Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp zero calorie sweetener
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 drops of peppermint oil
- Peppermint candy sprinkles for optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a standard madeleine pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the Quest Protein Bar on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- let cool completely then break the bar into pieces and place them in a food processor or nutribullet until crumbles form.
- Transfer the crumbles to a mixing bowl and add the protein powder, cocoa powder, almond flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt then stir until combined.
- Add in the applesauce, egg whites, almond milk and vanilla. Stir until a batter forms.
- Spoon the batter into the molds and bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- once cooled, melt the chocolate, peppermint and coconut oil together in a microwave safe dish. Once smooth, dip each madeline into the chocolate, covering half and then place them on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Garnish with sprinkles and then place in the freezer to chill until the chocolate is cold.